Friday, March 5, 2010

Clare and Irene

I would like to start this off by saying that I am glad that it is left somewhat ambiguous as to whether or not Clare was pushed out of the window. If a story lets others decide the fate of it's characters, then that story has my favor for that at the very least. That being said:

I do not believe that Clare was pushed. I think that she was in a rough spot and that she simply did what she currently felt was easiest. Not everyone is strong enough to continue on through hardship, and she isn't. Irene felt genuinely sad by her death, which makes me think that she played no role in her falling. I could be wrong and I'm sure that others may see my reasoning as wrong but it was left somewhat open-ended. That is why we are able to debate on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment